Close to Everything
|Wangaratta CBD||500 mtrs|
|Railway Station||300 mtrs|
|GOTAFE Campus||50 mtrs|
|Rutherglen Wine Region||30 mins|
|Milawa Wine Region||10 mins|
|Winton Motor Raceway||15 mins|
|Falls Creek||1hr 45 mins|
|Mt Hotham||1hr 45 mins|
Hermitage Motor Inn
7 Cusack Street
(cnr Mackay & Cusack Streets)
Wangaratta VIC 3677 [map]
(03) 5721 7444
Discover why people
|Quiet location, off the main street|
|Quality, well appointed accommodation|
|Clean, Clean, Clean ... Comfortable & Quiet!|
|Genuine AAA 3½ Star rated property|
|Book securely online|
|All rooms are non-smoking|
|All rooms have split system Heating and Cooling|
|Free WiFi Internet|
Beechworth - Regional Attractions & Accommodation.
Like to visit Beechworth, but can't get accommodation, why not stay at Wangaratta's quietest accommodation the Hermitage Motor Inn located just 25 minutes away. The Hermitage Motor Inn Wangaratta is central to all the North East's beautiful attractions and many winerys..
Gold was first discovered in 1852, during which time the town was known as Mayday Hills. In 1853, George D Smythe named the township Beechworth.
Miners of all nationalities settled in the town along with 4,000 Chinese miners in the search for gold. Many of the Chinese miners have been buried in the Beechworth cemetery.
At the peak of the gold rush, the town’s population grew to approximately 8,000 residents. Today the town’s population is approximately 3,559, as recorded in the 2011 Census records.
Beechworth is 222km from Melbourne, which is approximately 3 hours north of the city. Beechworth is surrounded by picturesque mountain views of Falls Creek, Mt Hotham and Mt Buffalo.
Beechworth is only one of two towns in Victoria classified by the National trust with over 30 local buildings on the Trust Register.
- Beechworth Bakery
- Beechworth Honey
- Beechworth Ghost Tours
- Art galleries displaying local artists work.
- Home to Opera In The Alps – held in January.
- A number of Alfresco Cafe’s.
- Antique & Collectable shops.
- Beechworth Confectionary Co – People of all ages will love this shop.
- Bush Walking tracks.
- Woolshed Falls – great picnic area.
- Mountain bike riding tracks.
- Gold panning tours.
- Beechworth Gorge.
- Beechworth Goal.
- Scenic 4WD tracks.
- Yackandandah is a short 15 minute drive away.
- Number of local wineries.
- Golden Horse Shoe Festival is held @ Easter including a fun run held on Easter Saturday.
- Drive Back in Time held in May.
- Beechworth Harvest Festival – held in May.
- Ned Kelly weekend is held the first weekend in August. The Beechworth courthouse was used for the committal hearing of Ned Kelly in August 1880.
- Australia Day & Octoberfest Celebrations are held @ Bridge Road Brewery.
- Celtic Festival – held in November.
- Market days held throughout the year.